[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:50:55 -0800
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

>> If you clean the heads frequently the waste ink tank can be full and
>> fouling the heads each time you clean them.  It is a sponge filled
>> tray beneath where the heads park themselves. Not sure how it is
>> cleaned.
>>

> Yes, I've seen this sponge, it is very dirty, but "mopping" it with tissues
> does not solve the problem.

That alone won't do it. Once the problem has manifested, there is
trouble on the bottom of the head assembly. You can't see it, but I
think what happens is that smeared ink on the bottom of it dries,
leaving a slight buildup. then the clearances are tight enough that this
buildup is too close to the paper and smears fresh ink with each print.

You have to soak off the dry ink. Since getting directly at it would
require really major dis-assembly, the general solution is to slip long
handled wipes or cloth/paper towel with water/soap/solvent of some sort
under there and soak it off. Basically, anything thin, capable of
holding the solvent solution against the dry ink and that won't leave a
bunch of lint should work.

It took some fussing, but I did solve a problem which sounds exactly
like yours by cleaning the catch tray sponge and the bottom of the head
assembly. Whether it will work for you, who knows?

Moose