[OM] Re: Looking back and forward

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking back and forward
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:53:43 -0500
Site is currently in the middle of major mucking around, but some of
them are. The one I mentioned that has accounted for so much of
income hasn't made it yet, but will soon.

In the Flora & Fauna gallery, third in from the left, is a horse. His
name is Rambo. I liked the picture when I took it, but didn't think
anyone would have an interest. Took one to the Craft Coop anyway.
Sold within a day. Took another down. Sold within a week. Took
another--and so on. Sold four the first year (last year), and a whole
bunch more than that this year. In the size matted to 11x14, and the
size matted to 16x20 as well.

The first picture in that same gallery, Pink Lupine. I thought that
would fly off the fall faster than I could print it. I've sold about
two of them in three years. And the print, especially framed at about
8x27, is spectacular. It's a 4x5 and Velvia shot.

In Water, second shot, I thought ho-hum, but I'll put one down there
just to see if the color attracts anyone. At the time I was noting
that some of my competition was selling images that I questioned,
except for the fact they were colorful. This one has sold quite a few
this summer as well. And it does look nice framed in a 15x18 frame. I
print it 13x9.75 inches, with a 2" mat border, and a half-inch of
paper showing, for a kind of double-mat effect, but understated. Sold
several. And to locals, as I recall.

I didn't think I'd have many dingy-heron shots left, either. It's in
Flora . . . Haven't sold one yet. Even after Moose taught me to LCE,
which really popped the picture.

But there's always next year, right? <g>

--Bob

Oh.    www.bobwhitmire.com