[OM] Re: Monitor (calibration)

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor (calibration)
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:27:14 +0000
On 29/12/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is a hardware/software solution that monitors room light and
> adjusts the monitor accordingly. Relatively inexpensive, but I don't at
> the moment recall its catchy name and don't know how well it works. If
> it works well, this would be a better solution for things like photo
> editing than the time of day thing.

There are several, I believe.  I have a Huey (which is probably what
you're thinking of, as it has a catchy name) on my main PC, which I
also take with me "in the field" to use with a laptop.  I've also
taken the liberty of doing a one-time calibration of the laptop
screen, but it obviously can't correct for the lighting if it's not
plugged in.