[OM] Re: What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital disc

Subject: [OM] Re: What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital discourse)
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:19:58 +0100
Here in Denmark our daughter gave us an early Christmas present a month
early; the box contained some wool and a pattern for making baby clothes.
Our first grandchild was on the way! That prompted us to buy ourselves a
Christmas present consisting of a digital video camera holding a 30GB hard
drive. So now I have also had to order a package containing Adobe Premiere
Elements 3.0 for movie editing and Elements 5.0 for our still photos.

Our Christmas was quite traditiional with a large family gathering on
Christmas Eve, where we ate a couple of ducks, roast pork, red cabbage,
sugar-browned potatoes and waldorf salad, followed by ris alamande, a sort
of fancy rice pudding containing a lot of cream, and an almond which gave a
prize. Then we danced round  the Christmas tree (live candles on the tree)
singing Christmas songs. One of the favourite Danish christmas song ends
with the lines 'Christmas lasts a long time, and it costs a lot of money';
written a long time ago, so nothing changes... Then we shared the presents
out.

On Christmas day we had a somewhat smaller lunch with a big turkey, to
follow a bit of British/ Canadian tradition.

We hope that everyone on the list had a good Christmas too; and best wishes
for the New Year. I go on mandatory pension at the end of February when I
reach 65, so I should have more time for photography at last. The last two
years have been extremely busy and stressful workwise, so I am looking
forward to a break!

Best wishes, Roger Key