[OM] What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital discours

Subject: [OM] What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital discourse)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:49:52 +1100
> Dave in Denver (DACattani@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> > _garth@telusplanet.net_ (mailto:garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
> > The  annoyance factor has exceeded the entertainment factor.
> > See youse folks in a month or two...
> ==============================
> I'm with you. Too bad too.... I love this list.
> Dave in Denver

Bah! Humbug! You and Garth are both a couple of wusses! Hey,
I've been gone only a few days, and any storm's already gone
bar the occasional flash and rumble. "A month"?! You're both
a couple of skirt-wearing girls (with humble and completely
contrite apology to any skirt-wearing girls on the list).

You'll be back. You can't escape. This is our own Hotel
California ("...check out any time you like..."), so you'll be
back.

(Dave, Garth, you know I'm just takin' the piss, don't you? :-D )

Me, I actually took photos yesterday (honest!), mostly some
beach-detail, though the dead seabird is probably not to
everyone's liking. Oh, yeah, I took some of Maggie and Oscar too.
Yes, we just adopted an eight year old male Airedale Terrier,
too soon after Monty but soon enough to feel like salvation.
What's more, a listee (lister?) I'm thinking of dubbing "Santa
Claus" is dropping something photographic down my post office
box's chimney. My Mum is well, and I got a nice shot of her
leaning against her verandah post. For Christmas lunch I had
pork, with excellent crackling, and for dinner I had fois gras
on toast, followed by Christmas pudding with custard (with a
reasonable dessert wine on the side). I ate too much and drank
too much (but there's still time to eat and drink more before
New Year's resolutions kick in). I took no photos of food
(except for the bowl of cherries).

Hope you all are well, as are your families and friends, and,
if not for any reason, my wishful thoughts for better things.

Cheers (with a slight bourbon-buzz),
Marc
Sydney, Oz