[OM] Re: So, it's a good camera

Subject: [OM] Re: So, it's a good camera
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:56:58 -0500
Like the majority of phototogs, my dSLR has an APS-c sensor which
renders my lenses 1.? or 2.0x "longer" than they are in 35mm.

Thus, my 100mm lens is now, in effect, a 160mm lens.  Using the old
hand-holding rule, I'd have to use a shorter minimum shutter speed to
avoid movement.

Does that make sense?

I wonder if a lot of (former) 35mm shooters still think they can
hand-hold a 100mm lens at 1/90 when it really should be ~1/200?

TIA!/ScottGee1