[OM] Re: Pentax K10D Production Review

Subject: [OM] Re: Pentax K10D Production Review
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:08:16 +0000
I've used but have never owned a Pentax - but I know that every Pentax owner
I've met swears by them :) I remember using a friend's Pentax Program A
years ago and loved it. A friend of mine still regularly uses his beloved
K1000 that he bought years ago when he was a media student. I wasn't
impressed with the look of the P30 (at least I think that was the model
name), but somebody I know that had one said it was a nice entry level SLR.
And of course Pentax pretty much dominated the SLR market during the 1960s
and I remember a magazine a few years ago did tests on some Pentax SLRs from
then and found them all still in good working order - and most still had
accurate shutter speeds - only a couple were out - and then, IIRC, by no
more than about 10% at some speeds - but after a quick internal clean they
were back to accurate speeds. I think Pentax still has a good rep and I've
no doubt that the new K10D will be an excellent DSLR.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters