[OM] [Fwd: Re: [Canon20D] TIFF images appear with very low quality in Ad

Subject: [OM] [Fwd: Re: [Canon20D] TIFF images appear with very low quality in Adobe Bridge.]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:56:46 -0500
Hi, yall.  I'm re-posting this message from the Yahoo Canyon 20D list
from someone who had been using a Nikon scanner.  The Nikon software
only generates TIFF or NEF (Nikon raw).  When viewed in Adobe Bridge
preview the TIFF files caused a poor quality, low res image to appear.
He tried converting the NEF to DNG but the scanner apparently uses a
different brand of NEF than NEF used in Nikon cameras.  The DNG
converter didn't know what to do with the scanner's NEF files.  He also
tried converting the TIFF to DNG to get some other more useful format
but couldn't get that to work either... until he figured out how to get
Lightroom to do a TIFF to DNG conversion.  But, it's still software.
Now Apple stuff (Mac OS?) doesn't recognize the DNG files.  Aaarrghh!

I'm going to go back and tell him to try ViewScan.

Chuck Norcutt