[OM] Re: Back up and storage

Subject: [OM] Re: Back up and storage
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:06:11 +0000
I used to backup to tape using an OnStream ADR drive, but since OnStream
have gone bust, tapes are hard to come by so I am moving to external USB
disks.

I have found some external USB enclosures for 2.5" drives that are bus
powered.

I like these things for a few reasons:
Size: they are actually physically smaller than the ADR tapes!
Price: less than 10GPB
I can decided what size drive to put in and replace it when bigger ones
become cheaper
I believe that 2.5" drives are more shock proof than 3.5" drives.
They work great with Linux - I can format them with a decent filesystem

http://www.dabs4work.com/productview.aspx?QuickLinx=3V65

Regards,

Mike.