[OM] Re: iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: iMac for Workflow
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:08:25 -0800 (PST)
> PWP's clone tool is so superior to PhotoShop's that if I had
> to do a healing brush type operation in PWP I'd just use the
> clone tool instead.

LOL. Even "The GIMP" has a better clone tool than Photoshop.
Yes, I like PWP's clone tool and it actually does have the
ability to somewhat mimick the healing brush, just without the
smarts.  BTW, "The GIMP" now has a healing brush in the latest
Beta software.  Slightly buggy, but not far away from being
done.

> Tell me where you most frequently use the healing brush.
> Maybe I have a different solution... but it would probably
> involve layers.

Two places:  Skin editing and dust/scratch removal from scanned
images.  Skin editing for zits and stuff, and dust/scratch
removal from B&W and Kodachrome.  Otherwise, I use cloning a
lot, but you've got to be more careful of how much you blend in.

AG

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre