[OM] OM2n : what fails first, batteries or test ?

Subject: [OM] OM2n : what fails first, batteries or test ?
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 02:31:48 +0100
Hello,

I have a 2n that I don't use much (I prefer the 1md), and moreover it has the
bad habit of locking up from time to time, needing a reset and a blank
winding to save the unexposed frame (I'd say... once in 50 shot, but sometime
3 time in a row, and sometime after 100 blank shoot). Of course, this is a
vicious circle, because I don't really appreciate it to fail on me, so I tend
not to use it a lot because of that too, keeping it strictly as a rear cap
and ultimate backup.

What bothers me is that the led lights a beautiful steady red when asked,
hence my question : what fails first, the batteries or the test ? My
voltmeter says those epx76 are 1.56 V each, alone, outside the body. To my
little knowledge, it doesn't sound too bad...

I noticed the symptom is aggravated if I use the 2n on manual, and especially
in manual at high speeds (1/500 ~ 1/1000). Is it carateristic of a failure of
something else (the body was bought as BER in a shop for parts, but I thought
I was lucky when it reseted all right on those batteries) ?

--
Manuel Viet