[OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:59:19 -0800
These arguments have been used by anti-digital hysterics for years to
"prove" film is superior to digital. They are based on the old "look
at my clever arguments and ignore your lying eyes" fallacy.

I am unaware of any camera maker that claims you can make 16X20
prints. I shocked at the small size of the recommended largest print
by Nikon when I bought my first Coolpix and it was good enough for me
to make the decision to more than dabble in digital.  The manual for
my D200 does not even bother to talk about print size.  It is
reviewers and users that say that because they are using their eyes.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA