[OM] Re: Why Weather Seals are Important

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Weather Seals are Important
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:36:03 -0500
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> First shot in the gallery. From earlier this morning. Somewhat rushed
> processing to get it up on the web. For what it's worth, this isn't the best
> pic of the lot by far, but it is the best one to illustrate why it's
> important for some photographers to have equipment that is at least
> marginally weather proof.
>
> Glub!

Nice.  :) Too bad you don't have the audio to go along with the shot...
must have been impressive.

Reminds me of when I was at Nauset Beach at the Cape.  I was standing on
the beach very close to where the waves had reached there maximum inward
  encroachment.  I then noticed the water was only reaching 4 feet
further out from where I was standing so I ventured ever closer to the
water to try and capture a shell that had caught my eye in the sand.
Bad idea.  As I was crouched down trying to take the shot I just so
luckily noticed that a bigger wave was making its way toward me.  I
stood up just in time to have the surf break right at my knees and leave
the bottom quarter of me soaked.  That's what I get for messin' with the
ocean. Glad I had the E-1.

Richard L

Never heard my wife laugh so hard. :)