[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:29:08 -0800
Granted the E-400 would have greater pixel density and may be better
with the same focal length lens, but why not buy the lenses made for
the camera and the area of view which you want?  I seriously doubt
the 10MP with a 200mm lens will be as good as the 5D with a 400mm
lens of similar quality. Neither is the camera in my opinion. Olympus
continues to limp along without a true matrix metering system. This
camera has a single LCD like a consumer digicam and the three point
focus system they continue to use and which is improved upon by every
other DSLR no matter how cheap and digicams like the new G7 which has
9 point autofocus. In my opinion there are much more capable cameras
in the same price range. Your priorities may be different though.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA