[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:53:09 -0500
Unfortunately for Olympus they've only solved the lens half of the
equation.  And I might also point out that Olympus has never said what I
said below.  What they harped on was not resolution but "telecentricty"
or the ability to deliver relatively parallel rays to the corners of the
sensor.  They apparently didn't realize that there are other means to
solve the same problem or that other manufacturers could use APS-C size
sensors fitted into their existing 35mm mounts to arrive at something
very close to the 4/3 solution.

I think we'll be waiting a long time to see how the DZ 7-14 performs on
  a 12-16MP sensor.

Chuck Norcutt