[OM] Re: Which camera is best buy?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which camera is best buy?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:56:54 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Digital doesn't change the game, it just bends the rules a bit.
> Low ISO settings are still better than high ISO settings, but
> the difference in small prints is indestinguishable.  For that
> matter, ISO 1600 from my E-1 still produces better prints than I
> ever was able to get from ISO 200 print films.

OK, it's still the same game in the sense that noise increases with iso,
but by the time you get to something like the 5D, the difference is so
great, it FEELs like a different game.

With film, I tried to stay under 200 and really hesitated to use 800.
But 3200 is more than just usable for small prints on the 5D.
Significantly cropped frames printed at 8x10 show hardly any noise.

Moose