[OM] Re: OM-1MD - not firing flash

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1MD - not firing flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:09:16 -0800
Rob Harrison wrote:
> Thanks guys. I'll see if I can dig up a sync cord, and give that a try.
>
> I'll look at the pin too.
>
> I only fit the hotshoe when I'm about to use a flash. As a rule, rarely. So
> dirt in there would not be a surprise. How might one clean the socket?

I"d first use canned 'air' to blow out loose debris. the it isn't all
that deep and it's easy to see the contact. A toothpick dipped in
methanol, naptha, or such should work nicely. Be gentle.

Also look at the shoe end of the contact. That's where the spring loaded
contact is, and it too should be clean and should have a nice spring
action. You can use an ormmeter or continuity tester to make sure there
is connection through the shoe.

Moose