[OM] Re: Tamron 24mm f2.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 24mm f2.5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:16:10 -0800
Timpe, Jim wrote:
> Might just be a tab miss-adjustment between the lens, the adaptall, and
> the body.  There's a fair bit of mechanical linkage going on there.

I had exactly that problem with my Kiron 28-210 when I got it. The pin
on the back of the lens that stops down the diaphragm was bent slightly
out from the center of the lens and missed the matching tab on the
camera body. A little careful bend back and everything was fine.

You can see whether it's all working just by looking into the lens set
on a small aperture and firing the camera; diaphragm should close and
open promptly, and by different amounts depending on the aperture ring
setting.

Moose