[OM] Re: A not so favorable report on PC Inspector Smart Recovery

Subject: [OM] Re: A not so favorable report on PC Inspector Smart Recovery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:50:23 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
>> Reminds me of VCRs.  Even to this day you can't get a VCR that
>> has a non-volitile memory or a battery backup to the clock.  The
>> manufacturers never did bother putting one in because the units
>> sold successfuly without it.

HUH? I virtually never watch TV "live"; time shifting is a way of life
here. And I haven't gone to DVR yet because multiple ones are needed,
although the DishTV one now will record three things at once, two from
its satellite tuners and one from an external antenna. Thinking about a
switch from cable.

Anyway, I have three active VCRs. None of them lose the time to a short
outage, a minute or two. And the newer two pick up the time
automagically from a PBS station you set in the menu. They also reset
daylight/standard time changes without my intervention.

Nothing to do with the dreaded Canyon business, but still.....

Moose