[OM] Re: some summer & fall shots

Subject: [OM] Re: some summer & fall shots
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:15:00 -0400
Stuart Robinson wrote:
> Russ they are all nice but I particularly like the colours in the 03
> shot. I don't have a web site (don't know how to) but tried to brighten
> it up a little & placed it here
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/restmengi/272953249/> on flickr, with your
> unmodified one next to it.

Looks much better, thanks.

> On the subject of not knowing how to make a web site, can anyone point
> me, & perhaps others in the direction to go please? I'd just like to
> something basic to my photo's a little text. TIA if you can.

For web space I use
https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/
Few bells & whistles, but it works well and is dirt cheap as you pay as
you go. It has cost me ~$9 for 1.5 years of use! I don't get a lot of
traffic but do have ~150 Mb up there.
They also offer hosting, email, etc.

For web site creation I used to use MS FrontPage, which works, but is
more complex/clunky than I need. Now I just use Nvu which is free &
works well.
http://www.nvu.com/index.php

Having said all this, it may well be that one of the image specific
services, that other listers recommend, is the simplest way to go.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)