[OM] Re: The plan emerges

Subject: [OM] Re: The plan emerges
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:14:12 -0700
Mostly wrote:
> Heh.  The first thing I hear from my yankee visitors (yankee: anyone from
> anywhere north of Dallas) is "Wow.  This place is flat!"

Funniest experience like that I've had was flying into Dallas in the
winter. As the plane banked to turn, the woman next to me looked out the
window and said in a puzzled voice that she didn't know there was so
much sand in Dallas. I pointed out that that was how grass looked in the
winter in most of the country, where you can see it through the snow. I
guess she hadn't been out of Calif. much. :-)

The reverse is true here. New visitors who arrive in the summer are
prone to think there has been some environmental disaster to kill all
the grass and make the hills brown. They are green in the winter,
"golden" in the summer.

Moose