[OM] Re: The plan emerges

Subject: [OM] Re: The plan emerges
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:33:34 +1000
My apologies for the stuffed message I posted originally, grammar, spelling and
actual facts incorrect.  Let me have another try:

Camera is labelled "L-3", and has the same features as the IS-3(000), e.g.
35-180mm zoom, button placement, display layout, etc. all correspond to the
pictures in the IS-3 manual.

Looking at the back of the camera, cassette is loaded on the right hand side
and winds to the left hand side.

The neg frame numbers are in the same order as I shoot the frames, i.e. first
frame shot is #1 on the neg, last frame shot is #36 (or #37), so it's
definitely not winding the film to the takeup spool when loaded nd winding back
into the cassette as you shoot.  Further evidence is that it takes a few
seconds to load a new film and much longer to rewind/unload it.

...Wayne

> AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Mine is labelled L-3 (rather than IS-3(000)), I always thought
> > it was a relabelling version for the Japanese market, anyway
> > it doesn't do that (though it does wind from left to right,
> > images just appear upside down on the negs).  Perhaps it has a
> > different feature list to the IS-3(000) - can anyone
> > clatifythis ?
>
> On the IS-series (IS-1, IS-2, IS-3) the film goes from
> right-to-left (from cartridge).  The take-up reel is located
> inside the back. If you were to accidently open the back,
> previously exposed pictures are safely tucked away inside the
> back.  Not really something I'd recommend doing, but this
> feature did save my job at the camera store.  (long story)
>
> AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx