[OM] Re: [OT]thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]thoughts
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:44:43 -0700
IMHO... He is simply expressing that he tries to avoid unnecessary
consumption as a personal effort to conserve the environment. Lifting
his list out of context changes how it will most likely be received.
His "solar energy, such as that of the body" seems to refer to easily
renewed energy sources - food (he's from 5 generations of farmers and
has written for "Organic Gardening" etc).

http://www.tipiglen.dircon.co.uk/berrynot.html

Hmm ... the Wallace Stegner connection is interesting.

-jeff

On 9/29/06, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I assumed you provided accurate information about what he said. What
> I read did not make me want to explore him further.
>
> I can sort of distinguish between different kinds of energy because
> of a fair amount of science in my education. To muddle it all
> together in a New Agey way as solar strikes me as really sloppy
> thinking. It is a reduction to absurdity argument.  But I could be
> wrong.

- snip