[OM] Re: What if

Subject: [OM] Re: What if
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:26:45 -0500

> What if Olympus were to introduce a camera at Photokina that:
>
> 1. Took the legacy Zuiko lenses with full-aperture control,
Too few care...
> 2. Was full-frame,
Most don't know the difference, since they've been brainwashed...
> 3. Came in full-manual as well as various levels of auto,
You're kidding, right...
> 4. Was smaller then the current E-bodies,
This would probably help...
> 5. Was compatible with most of the legacy OM accessories,
See number 1...
> 6. Utilized the latest single-use sensor technology from Fuji
> and Kodak.
Good idea, but how many camera buyers even know what a sensor is?

> Just how excited would we be?
We, of course, would be VERY excited.

> Now, go and pick up one of your OMs and pretend for a week that
> you just bought it brand new.  Look how revolutionary and
> advanced it is, run rolls of film through it with the
> expectation that it will improve your photographic life.
> Recognize how cutting edge the user-interface is and
> un-monolithic the body feels.  Notice too, how small the lenses
> are. Wow!  Look ma, no distortion!  What's that I see?  Bokeh.
> Hmmm.  What is this?  An aperture ring?  A shutter-speed ring?
> Even the ISO setting is constantly visible! Where are all the
> buttons?  Multi-spot?  The user-interface seems so...RETRO! Oh,
> but in such a good way.  Did I mention the focus screen--IT'S
> HUGE!!!  (that should get the spam filters choking)
>
> And it's field-upgradeable by the user with the latest sensor
> technology.
I would love it. Hell, I would be beside myself if I had the M8 and some
lenses. Truth be told, I'd be happy if I could even think about owning
something that expensive!

> Perspective, folks, perspective.
>
> AG
Right!