[OM] Re: What if

Subject: [OM] Re: What if
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:27:07 +0800
Some amongst the specs are real stuff. The only way I am "allowed" to write
them in is to mix them up. I'm bound and gagged, guys. If you like you can
bookmark my specs and over the next number of years, come back and
check.Some of the specs were forwarded to the Basic Camera Dept, R&D
Centre not
all that long ago when I decided to reacquaint myself with Shinju-ku. What
you're witnessing with the specs will in my opinion make it. This is
post-E-3 era.

K.

On 29/09/06, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> They specs are wonderful but where's the beef?
> (an American expression meaning I don't see very much meat in my
> sandwich or very much real function in a real Oly DSLR)
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> khen lim wrote:
>
> > Specs for you to consider:
> >
> > Four Thirds sensor at 14Mpix provided as standard
> > Titanium weatherproof body
> > High-eyepoint viewfinder with built-in dioptre control and
> interchangeable
> > eyecup
> > Nine-zone intuitive 360-degree AF
> > P/A/M (no Shutter-AE) with unlimited Bulb timing
> > On-body 2/12-sec cancellable self-timer
> > 0.17-sec response shutter release button with thread mount for std
> release
> > cable
> > Spot button with EV Memory engage/disengage collar
> > Adjacent Hilight (+4.7EV)+Shadow (-2.7EV) button set
> > ISO selector dial with lift-outer ring for EV compensation
> > 12fps JPG, 5fps RAW+JPG or 8fps RAW-only burst modes
> > Selectable 4-1/4000sec shutter speed range
> > -7EV at ISO100
> > 12-6400ISO selectable sensitivity range
> > 1200-10200K selectable temperature range
> > Customisable in-camera imaging workflow
> > Removable/upgradeable LCD for remote Bluetooth operability
> > Upgradeable edge-connector sensor+imager pack module behind LCD
> > Quick-release lock interchangeable hotshoe for backward compatibility to
> > T-series and FP flash units
> > Quick-ratchet attachable power pack add-on option with in-battery
> charging
> > Option for wireless transceiver for wireless remote flash operations
> > BLM-1 lithium-ion battery compatible
> > USB 2.0/FireWire IEEE1348
> >

> > On 28/09/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>What if Olympus were to introduce a camera at Photokina that:
> >>
> >>1. Took the legacy Zuiko lenses with full-aperture control,
> >>2. Was full-frame,
> >>3. Came in full-manual as well as various levels of auto,
> >>4. Was smaller then the current E-bodies,
> >>5. Was compatible with most of the legacy OM accessories,
> >>6. Utilized the latest single-use sensor technology from Fuji
> >>and Kodak.
> >>
> >>Just how excited would we be?
> >>
> >>Now, go and pick up one of your OMs and pretend for a week that
> >>you just bought it brand new.  Look how revolutionary and
> >>advanced it is, run rolls of film through it with the
> >>expectation that it will improve your photographic life.
> >>Recognize how cutting edge the user-interface is and
> >>un-monolithic the body feels.  Notice too, how small the lenses
> >>are. Wow!  Look ma, no distortion!  What's that I see?  Bokeh.
> >>Hmmm.  What is this?  An aperture ring?  A shutter-speed ring?
> >>Even the ISO setting is constantly visible! Where are all the
> >>buttons?  Multi-spot?  The user-interface seems so...RETRO! Oh,
> >>but in such a good way.  Did I mention the focus screen--IT'S
> >>HUGE!!!  (that should get the spam filters choking)

> [...]

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions
IBM Business Partner
+60 +16 528 6010 / 016 528 6010