[OM] Re: OT: Sigma's new DSLR/foveon sensor camera

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Sigma's new DSLR/foveon sensor camera
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:48:22 -0400
Trying to find reference on the web to some sort of exclusive deal
between Foveon and Sigma comes up fairly dry.  If it existed at all it
couldn't have been very long or very rigid since a year later (2003)
they announced a deal with Polaroid for an X3 sensor and a manufacturing
and *marketing* deal with National Semi.  There seemed to be more talk
about National being able to market the product than manufacture it.

Sounds to me like Foveon sensors are unencumbered... at least in the
marketing and legal sense.

Chuck Norcutt