[OM] Re: Tokina/Kiron/Zuiko 28mm test, was: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina/Kiron/Zuiko 28mm test, was: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:20:14 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Conclusion:  There are certainly some differences bewtween these lenses
> and the Kiron is notably softer at the edge until f/8.  There also may
> be a bit of vignetting with the Kiron at f/2 but it's hard to say.
> Beyond that I don't think the differences amount to a hill of beans
> unless you're really into 30x40 prints examined at reading distance.
>
> This is also too much work.  If I had to do it again I'd probably shoot
> it in the basement using Alien Bees for light.  :-)

It seems to me that the Kiron definitely has the edge for center
sharpness, but loses it at the edges.  That sharpness, however, needs to
be balanced with the "flatness" and lack of contrasty-ness of the
images.  color renditions are better on the other two lenses.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon