[OM] Re: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:53:33 +0200
As someone else stated, probably there is something loose in the lens.
During my summer vacation in Poland I noticed that my 50mm mij had the
whole front group tilting. Fortunately I could disassemble it and found
that 3 internal screws were loose (these located near the second lens), and
with my swiss knife I could do a quick repair. In my experience, fixed
focal lens are pretty easy to open and repair (done with various Zuiko and
a couple of Vivitar S1). All you need are a correct screwdriver, a spanner
wrench and maybe a gum rubber.

Ralf Loi