[OM] Re: CF longevity, was: Re: Film vs. Analog - interesting read

Subject: [OM] Re: CF longevity, was: Re: Film vs. Analog - interesting read
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:52:29 -0400
There was also a case where a remote camera was setup to shoot a bridge
demolition.  They got the camera a little too close and while it
dutifully recorded the explosion on the CF card the camera itself was
destroyed by flying debris.  But the CF card survived to show the image
of the start of the explosion.

But that's ruggedness and not really the kind of longevity I'm talking
about.  I want to know if it will survive 100 years sitting quietly on
the shelf.

Chuck Norcutt