[OM] Re: CF longevity, was: Re: Film vs. Analog - interesting read

Subject: [OM] Re: CF longevity, was: Re: Film vs. Analog - interesting read
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:48:09 +0100
On 14/09/06, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The other interesting factoid to emerge from that article is "Around
> eight out of 10 digital pictures are thought to never make it into
> printed form at all."

8 out of 10?  I'm surprised it's so few.  I reckon about 1 in 1000 of
mine make it into print, but then I don't really do digital printing.
I'm quite happy to look at mine on 22" CRT for the most part.  I guess
it's a bit sad that I haven't yet taken anything in digital that
screams "hang me on your lounge wall!!"  or, more likely, it's a
vicious circle:  little enthusiasm for printing myself (& mistrust of
commercial printing) leading to no ownership of a decent printing
system, leading to no enthusiasm for printing myself..... etc.

My lounge has several large B&W prints from my own negatives, though.