[OM] Re: Feeling like a minority...

Subject: [OM] Re: Feeling like a minority...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:27:25 -0400
Depends on how and what you shoot.  The body does provide more than an
attachment point for the lens.  There is a significant difference, for
example, in autofocus performance in low light.  The 20D is much better
than the 10D and the 5D is much better than the 20D.  I assume (but have
no first hand experience) that these differences hold at the Rebel end
of the line as well.  The new 400 XTi, however, does have the higher
precision autofocus performance with f/2.8 lenses that was previously
only available on the 20D, 30D, 5D and other more expensive bodies.

If you shoot events in low light ballrooms and meeting halls you will
appreciate these differences since it often makes the difference between
getting the shot and not getting the shot.  If you shoot landscapes in
reasonably good light you probably couldn't care less and the cheapest
sensor holder may be all you need.

Chuck Norcutt