[OM] Re: Feeling like a minority...

Subject: [OM] Re: Feeling like a minority...
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:06:00 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>> Race cars.  Think speed.  Think high ISO.  Think quiet at high ISO.
>> That's at least part of the reason the C predominates there.
>>
>> Chuck Norcutt

> Yeah...
>
> That's the one disappointment I have about my E-1.  Once in a while,
> I'll shoot at a concert, and the lack of a usable ISO in the
> neighborhood of 1000 or more really hurts.

That's the maim problem with my otherwise wonderful C-8080; my ISO range in
Auto is only 50-400!
That's *pitiful*!
If Olympus' thinking is that the range of available shutter speeds makes up
for it, they've got another think coming!
That alone might coax me to switch to another body...
I've got to look at the new E's, see what's up.

> I've got a friend with a Nik*n - don't remember the number, but it's
> newer - and he leaves his on ASA800 most of the time.  I can't do that.
>
> If Olympus could figure that out, even with a chip upgrade, I'd gladly
> send mine in for the swap.  I just can't handle the price of entry into
> Pro Can*n Land.

keith whaley