[OM] Re: OM-32 flash question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-32 flash question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:03:15 -0400
No, quite to the contrary.  One of the advantages of the T-32 over
lesser flash units is that it can run on a 330 volt high voltage supply
without needing 4 AA's to keep its brains in order.  If you carry a
flash unit on the end of a long mechanical advantage lever like a
Stroboframe you'll appreciate not having to carry the extra weight of
the AA's.  For a list of flashes that don't require AA's when on a high
voltage supply refer to Quantum's instruction sheet for Quantum power
cables <http://www.manuals.qtm.com/qtb_cbl_p119_7b.pdf>

There may be an error in the data sheet since I don't recall needing
AA's on my Sunpak 522's.  Of course, that may be an error in my head
which is prone to happening as well.

Chuck Norcutt