[OM] Re: Sunrise this morning in Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunrise this morning in Grand Junction
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:46:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Moose, your wall of pictures concept got me thinking.

Me too. Oh, the agony...

Anyway, as I muster through the pain of thinking, the concept of
Velcro keeps coming up.  The wall is a Velcro "friendly" surface
of some form of fabric--carpet squares, etc. The pictures are
typically mounted and you place several squares of mating Velcro
on the back of the mounts (or frames). These are then stuck to
the wall in whatever positions you want.

My wife and I did this with our portable display, using a
trifold self-standing "wall". All of our graphics, logos, and
other gizmos are just slapped to the surface.  There are
numerous fabric colors available (including white) which display
manufacturers use for this very purpose.  In fact, using a
"space frame" structure, you can wrap and adhere the fabric wall
right to the structure. This strengthens the wimpy skeletin and
makes for a relatively rugged display.  It all packs up quite
small and lightweight too--sometimes small enough and light
enough to haul through airports as checked luggage.

Velcro rules!

Even on tripods.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com