[OM] Re: Moon 9:05

Subject: [OM] Re: Moon 9:05
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:51:38 -0700
Daniel Sepke wrote:
> As a companion to Candace's sunrise here is the moon as seem this evening at
> 9.05 EDT here in Raleigh NC (yep just an hour ago). Picture was taken with
> my new 18-180mm DZ at f8 100 ISO and this is about a 50% crop of the frame.
> Enjoy!
>
> http://photo.sepke.net/003.html
>
> Dan S.
>
> P.S. it really was that color!
Nice! I think the color is is from the same effect that makes the sun
yellow at sunrise and set and the sky blue. Blue light is scattered by
moisture, particulates and pollutants in the air. With the moon, the
scattered light isn't bright enough for us to see, but still subtracts
that color from the disc.

Much less effect out in the country. I shot this in Mt. Desert, Maine
the night before the full Moon and eclipse in Oct. 2004
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/MtDesert/MarshMoon.htm>.

Still haven't decided if I like it better as shot or white. Either one
pleases me alone.

Moose