[OM] Re: Moon 9:05 - Now 18-180mm Mini review

Subject: [OM] Re: Moon 9:05 - Now 18-180mm Mini review
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:14:02 -0400
 > Dan S/Moose wrote:
> >
> > Well I have only had it for a few days but.......
> >
> Thanks for the lengthy info!
Sorry about that, I was enjoying my coffee and things just ran away from me
:) Anyway I hope it was a useful view for anyone considering this lens. I
will try and remember to bring a visual review back to the list in a few
weeks.

> > Now I will explain why I got this lens... <crash story>
> Ooowwww! That should act as a good reminder to me to always
> use the legs first, even if it takes a few moments longer
Me too! And don't turn you back on it just after you move it. My talent
grabbed for it but wasn't fast enough to get there either. Oh well. At least
Oly does reasonable fixed price repair work. I think the zoom rings are out
of alignment so it shouldn't be too hard to fix *fingers crossed*.
..
> > Suffice to say this didn't work out well for the lens.......
> >
> > Anyway enough rambling I have to get back to editing pictures as
> > proofs for the 9th, 10th and 11th grade are due this week!
> >
> Hope this works out profitably for you.
> Moose
Its been quite ride so far to get to this point. People pics were not my
specialty before this chance came up but the fear I was expecting never
really materialized on shooting days. The business side of things has
actually turned out to be the hardest area for me as I am having to relearn
the rules for the US way of doing things (I was self employed as a sound
engineer in the UK). Its wacky as I thought that was the area I was
strongest in. Anyway the pictures are coming out great and the response I
get from the kids and staff here is worth every minute spent on the project,
the money is nice too ;).

Dan S.