[OM] Re: OT- your thoughts on the N**** D8

Subject: [OM] Re: OT- your thoughts on the N**** D8
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 19:28:03 -0400
The D-200 has the best support for older lenses I have seen so far (I have
no experience with the D1 or 2 series). As Windsor notes they have the
ability to meter properly and have the necessary couplings to full aperture
metering not stop down for most lenses. They have obviously done some
calibration as you can improve performance by specifying the focal length
and max aperture in a menu setting. In use the D200 with manual focus non
cpu lenses is a breeze just like it used should be...

There are some patent docs I remember finding a year or so back that suggest
Olympus may offer this functionality in some way (a programmable adapter
perhaps?). (on your marks, set, go Piers GO! ;)

Dan S.