[OM] Re: EOS 400D

Subject: [OM] Re: EOS 400D
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:52:05 -0400
Pinged Quantum:  They said "they do intend to support wireless capability with
the E-1 and E-330." Current products do not work well.   They have had some
trouble, though the engineers are on the case now.  They said check back in as
soon as a couple weeks for an update. How this translates for use with previous
versions of the flashes is not clear.
Mike

The Quantum bits and pieces are slowly coming together. I'm using the older
2 version flashes and older version RF slaves. Quantum documentation isn't
kept up to date very well so I could be missing something here also.

While looking for a way to have the RF slave (FW10) trigger the camera, I
found two different options for my 5D, a single option for an Olympus motor
drive equipped OM, but no options for my E-1. Is there one?

The only hot shoe adapter "foot" for the RF transmitter that I could find to
work with the E-1 is their FW11 which is a generic adapter and doesn't
provide any TTL capability. The 5D is completely supported. (The D10w
adapter provides wired capability for an E-1 comparable to the wireless
capability a FW53N adapter provides the C*non 5D)
All on demand. Always Free.