[OM] Re: Magnum pro with Oly gear-also UPI

Subject: [OM] Re: Magnum pro with Oly gear-also UPI
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:18:56 -0400
UPI photographer Jerry Soloway came in regularly with his bag of OM
equipment.  Nice guy, always had funny stories.  Jacl Ballety used them
too, not funny guy, not friendly. Slim Aarons also used OM.  He called
everyone he met "Old bean". I had no clue of Slim's history back then,
but recently saw an article in Smithsonian magazine.  Quite a
photographer. See

  http://www.photographersgallery.com/

Great shot of Clark Gable, Van Heflin, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart having
a drink together.

George Kalinsky, official photographer for Madison Square Garden used OM.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net