[OM] Re: Published!

Subject: [OM] Re: Published!
From: "Mostly" <mostly5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 11:27:21 -0500
Christos,

This is my opinion, and only that.

I don't believe it's what you actually say that ignites the ire of some of
us on the list, but the way you say it.  There is something in your tone
and/or phrasing that I interpret as condescending and edging closer to a
holier-than-thou feeling than I care to allow anyone to take with me
regardless of the veracity of what they're saying.

This list is chock-full of opinions, and as far as I'm concerned, yours are
as welcome as anyone else's.  However, I feel that in expressing your
opinions, you're telling me that I am somehow wrong/naïve/stupid because
they don't agree with yours. That's not too acceptable to me.  There are
some brash, opinionated SOBs on this list (myself being a card carrying
member), but note that they rarely if ever manage to piss someone off as
quickly as you do while in the process of sharing such opinions. :)

I'm currently working on the basis that your intentions are good but your
delivery can use some work.  As long as that assumption continues, I'll
continue to read your posts.

Dave