[OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite

Subject: [OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:01:59 +0800
On 31/08/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Khen wrote:
> > I really hate to say this because I've a feeling I'm going to
> > step on some toes here but....the OM-4Ti (AND OM-3Ti)'s
> > metering system is more accurate and more sensitive than the
> > OM-2S Program.
>
> I have no doubt about that.  However, it was accurate enough for
> the 100,000 'chromes I shot through mine.  I really do love the
> metering system in the OM-4xx. That multispot metering in manual
> mode is the cat's meow for Zone System B&W photography.
>
> > There is NO DOUBT that the OM-2S Program was developed in ways
> > you love it now.
>
> The OM-2n and the OM-2S handle like sports-cars.  Is it true
> that the engineers drove RX-7s?

Don't know and don't think so, AG. There were quite a few engineers around
and not all of them could even speak English! But all of them have obtuse
minds - an Olympus prerequisite!!!! At Olympus then - not sure if it's still
the case now - different engineers work on separate areas but somehow they
know how to mentally network the whole design in their heads. I know one
engineer who didn't even drive...and sometimes someone needed to tell him
that the left foot goes into the left shoe and both shoes must match....real
eccentric but brilliant in engineering. You go figure this one out,

AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx