[OM] Re: Well, that settles it

Subject: [OM] Re: Well, that settles it
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:39:00 +0800
Hahahaha.....hey thanks for the welcome, Charlie. Yes, I'm in sleep
deprivation mode right now but it's an enjoyable one because I have
re-energised that once-dormant passion nerve in me. Someone once said to me
that my blood runs blue, the colour of Olympus and if they did a post-mortem
on me, they could find OM inscribed on my sternum. I think that would be the
case for ALL OF YOU TOO.

We cannot really afford to let the OM sleep. It's such a significant
contribution to modern camera history and camera design. In fact not too
long ago, I was wading through Wikipedia and decided to see what they wrote
on the History of the SLR (or something like that...) and I was positively
aghast because whoever wrote and contributed, it was obvious that the whole
contribution was ONE-EYED. There was no mention - not one bit - on Olympus.
The rest of course is history.... :)
Go check it out.

And in fact, let me pose this to ALL OF YOU. Go to Wikipedia and let's paint
that page BLUE! Put in your contributions and FATTEN up the entries. Let's
go invading and colonise the pages on cameras and lenses and create entries
for Zuiko, Zuiko Digital etc etc. Even if you find them already there, read
through it and add add add.

If the guys over at Canon and Nikon think they've got it wrapped up, let's
see what we can do at Wikipedia. Just so long as what we write are true,
we've done our little part for Olympus!

Let it rip!

K.