[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:32:45 +0800
I would love to know about this. We did develop the DB for the OM-4Ti, which
would also have been usable on the OM-2S Program but I did leave out some
details here. Even if the DB was available, it wouldn't have been possible
just to remove your conventional back cover and replace it because the usual
two contact points (for the Quartzdataback, filmback 250 and intervalometer
accessories) wouldn't work. The OM-5 had a whole set of different contact
interfaces and there was serious work done to the innards of the OM-4Ti to
make the DB function.

K.

On 31/08/06, Johann Thorsson <johann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some time ago I came across a company that was developing digital backs
> for
> variety of film cameras, including Olympus.  Or so they claimed.  I should
> have the url somewhere, but can't find it right now, and it is probably
> dead
> by now.  I signed up for news on this project, but never got anything from
> them.  Guess they where either too optimistic or got killed by the obvious
> patent infringment involved.

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions
IBM Business Partner