[OM] Re: OM History lesson fill in the blank

Subject: [OM] Re: OM History lesson fill in the blank
From: james king <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:48:10 +0100
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>>To this date, I dare make the IRREVOCABLE CLAIM that the OM-3
>>AND OM-4 are
>>the BEST, PUREST and FINEST INTERPRETATION of professional single-lens
>>reflex cameras irregardless of format.
>>

> I wouldn't argue with that !
>

> ...Wayne

I agree
The best metering system and display of any camera I have tried ever and
the easiest to use by far including this modern digital things.

The only slight issues I have (most of which I know are limitations of
the available technology at the time or just plain wishfull thiking)
1. no appature reading in the viewfinder
2. shuter speeds under 1 second are not displayed in the view finder
3. camera light leaks very very easily
4. no half or 1/3rd stop shutter speeds in manual
5. no half or 1/3 stop appature indents for the zuiko lenses
silly things:
6. view finder not as big as my bronica ETRSI!
7. it does not shoot 6x4.5 or 6x7...

James