[OM] Re: Satisfaction faction

Subject: [OM] Re: Satisfaction faction
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:47:31 +0000
But for marketing purposes, statistics don't really matter. As we say around
here, figures don't lie, but liars do figure, and it's all in how you phrase
the lie sometimes. I recall a problem in a journalism course about writing
propaganda. The example, since this was back in the Cold War days, was a
500-mile race between an American car and a Russian car, which the American car
won by many miles. The problem was how to write the story, without lying about
the facts, to make it favorable to the Russian car.

The solution: There was a 500-mile race involving cars of different nations.
The Russian car finished second, and the American car was next to last.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --