[OM] Re: Focus problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Focus problem
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:25:05 +0300 (EEST)
Odd that I noticed quite a similar problem just last week. Got a film back
from the lab and found that seemingly I had been completely unable to
focus a 50/1.4 on a 2-4 screen wide open.

I was worried about this, so I've done some more testing under controlled
conditions, but I don't have any conclusive results as I haven't developed
the film yet. It was obvious though that the actual distance measured with
a tape measure and the lens distance scale did not agree. Also, got a
totally different reading on the distance scale when focusing on a second
body that has a split-image focusing aid screen.

I immediately thought about the focusing screen being somehow shifted too,
but I've been reluctant to do anything about it, as I don't have very
steady hands and don't like poking around with the metal tweezers around
the mirror and the screen.

But if it fixed things for you, might be worth giving it a shot.

priit.