[OM] Re: DSLR advice

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR advice
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:13:02 +0200
On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 04:45:39PM -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Not sure what that means. How do you use a camera in your office?
> Take WA interiors of real estate? Do copy work? Take product shots?
> Employee ID photos for personnel files?

Mainly product photography, on-site and at the customer's place. Once in
a while there's a simple portrait here or there, not too fancy.

> I don't understand why you want something simple to use and then talk
> about putting manual lenses on it. How many people are going to use
> it? Anyone going to use the manual lenses besides you?

The coworkers  should get the  simple stuff. I guess something  like the
14-45 and  program/aperture-priority should be fine. The  most difficult
part will probably be teaching them to use the flash.

I'll be  the only  one doing  any fancy stuff  with the  camera. That is
where the  manual lenses will  come to play. I  don't mind doing  it the
hard way. :)