[OM] Re: DSLR advice

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:29:56 -0400
Just one of us? :-)  Well, you obviously already know that if you're
going to use that OM glass your only choices are 4/3 mount or EOS mount
bodies, each with their respective adapters.

The Canon's will give better high ISO performance and will preserve more
of the "wide" in your wide angle OM's (1.6X crop factor vs. 2X).  Those
are simple facts I don't think anyone will dispute.  Beyond that is
price and religion.

Canon 20D, 30D and other more expensive bodies are good for up to 250
volts on the hotshoe or PC connection.  I don't know about the lesser
Canon bodies.  The 10D is limited to 6 volts on the hot shoe and the
300D being its contemporary is probably also so limited.  The 350D is
the 20D's contemporary but I don't know if it will take the higher
voltage.  T-32's put out about 12 volts and although Canon says 12 volts
on the 10D I know folks with 10D's who have been using 12 volt Vivitar
283's on them for a long time.  Strangely enough, I have heard reports
that flash overvoltage on the 10D adversely affects the shutter.

End of Chuck's relevant knowledge.

Chuck Norcutt