[OM] [OT] Hi-Fi advice

Subject: [OM] [OT] Hi-Fi advice
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:14:10 -0400
 FWIW, have a NAD power amp bridged for mono and a stereo amp bridged for
mono---both tough as nails.  I like their engineering, well thought out design
and lack of needless bells and whistles.  One channel was slightly noisier 10
years ago and I dropped them off at the factory myself which is within 10 mi of
one of my offices---they had changed the tolerances for  output transistors or
some such and said leave it for "summer camp" for a couple weeks.  It was way,
way out of warranty.  They put in the new circuits for both channels did not
even charge me.  The channel noise was technically within spec but slightly
higher on the left.  I hope they still have a good reputation as my data is
old. I have been looking at new NAD surround sound receivers and the philosophy
 at least seems intact.   I have since been distracted by  OM issues. My one
Adcom  has been a bit of a quirky PIA---needs to be "rebooted" a fair amount
and has trouble with one channel on occasion.
Don't know if any of that was worth anything.
Mike
All on demand. Always Free.