[OM] Re: [OT] Hi-Fi advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Hi-Fi advice
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:42:24 -0500
Ralf,
        About a year ago I made some changes in my system, so I'll share
with you the approach I took.
        Five years ago we moved into a new house that was pre-wired for
surround-sound: four ceiling mounted speakers and a hidden woofer.
Significant Other loved this arrangement so the Adcoms and Missions got
packed away. About a year ago I moved into a larger office at work and
decided to liberate the Missions from their cardboard jail. What to run
through them? Adcoms were too big for office so I went looking on Eb*y
and managed to get a winning bid on a Marantz 2215B for $35. For another
$35 I picked up a new el cheapo CD/DVD/MP3 player. For $70 the kit
sounds pretty darn good and the blue face lights on the receiver look
really nice on the shelf. The Mission 770's are efficient so the
conservatively rated 15 watt amp does a pretty good job pushing them.
        Who knows how long the 70's era Marantz will last; but my money
says it will still be going when the CD player craps out.

Charlie